Our Knowledge Centre combines a unique set of useful tools to assist ALL office movers. Use our moving guides, office space calculator, dynamic rental map and other tools to get an idea of what type of office your company needs. We’ll make sure you get there.
Register for FREE now and get full access.
From the arrangement of the space and the choice of furniture, to the décor and lighting systems, a good office design is a cornerstone of business progression – boosting team morale, optimising productivity, and strengthening your company brand.
What is space planning?
Whether you are carrying out a small-scale refurbishment or a full relocation and fit out, space planning is an integral part of any office design project.
Effective space planning will enable you to create a budget for any internal works you want to carry out, and ensure that your new space will meet Building Control office requirements and be DDA compliant.
The planning process
Before you approach someone to carry out the space planning, create an internal brief that identifies what you want to achieve. The experts can then do the rest for you, and help you transfer your new office vision into an environment that maximises comfort and productivity for your workforce.
Consider the following:
– What is your budget?
– What is your total number of employees and the team sizes they work in?
– How many internal offices do you want, and how many people in each?
– How many meeting rooms do you want, and how many people need to fit in each?
– Is a boardroom required? If yes, for how many people?
– Do you need a reception area? If yes, does it need to be manned or unmanned?
– Do you need a kitchen or staff relaxation space?
– Do you need a comms room or comms area?
– Do you want new furniture?
– Are there any specific styles that you want to replicate or take inspiration from?
– Are there any other specific, special or nonstandard requirements for your organisation?
Significant refurbishments or relocations
Once you have consulted with your internal team and compiled a comprehensive brief, the most cost-effective way to proceed with significant refurb projects or relocations is to contact design and build companies who specialise in fitting out commercial offices, because the design service is free and without obligation.
Perhaps the most important reason to work with a D&B company on your space planning is the need to comply with regulations. These include:
– Local Building Control permissions
– DDA Compliance
Finally, when you have established a design that is feasible, cost-effective, and suits your company vision, you get can started on creating a working environment that will underpin your business growth for years to come.
This news was brought to you by Morgan Pryce, a specialist tenant acquisition agent with offices in Oxford Circus and the City. Morgan Pryce specialises in search, negotiation and project management and works exclusively for tenants.